Regional Council Volunteer Roles
Be a member of one of our five Region Councils ~ Bay Area, Capital, Oregon, San Diego, and Southern CA.
Get involved with your Regional Council. Help support CalSAE while gaining some notable benefits at the same time.
- Build your network – be a liaison for new members and work with your council peers
- Sharpen your skills – get exposed to new ideas, learn from others and grow your leadership skills
- Plan events – bring your region together through learning and networking
- Give back to your association – grow and build CalSAE’s robust community of volunteer leaders
THE POWER OF YOUR REGIONAL COUNCIL
Each Regional Council has its own local feel with similar goals. Regional Councils are responsible for education and networking events in their region. Volunteers are also liaisons to new members – helping them make the most out of their membership. As an important part of the team, you willl also be invited to attend virtual quarterly summits to share hot ideas and winning engagement activities.
WHAT'S A SUMMIT YOU ASK?
Volunteers from all councils meet quarterly for a Regional Council Summit, held virtually. Summits allow each council time to break-out into their own group, as well as a general session where teams can come together to share ideas, challenges, and successes.
Regional Council Mission Statement: To ensure member engagement and growth at the local level.
Responsibilities of the Regional Council:
- Membership recruitment and engagement.
- Networking development and enhancing local events.
- Enriching peer and individual relationships.
Roles of Regional Council Members - Summary: Council members have a variety of ways in which they can engage CalSAE members. Council members are expected to contribute in some way most months (depending on your schedule and personal preferences), usually in the range of three to five hours per month. The goal is to increase member loyalty by engaging them in a variety of ways that provides value through relationship building and access to resources. The three primary options this occurs are listed below.