CAE Study Group
Certified Association Executive Credential
The Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential is the marker of a committed association professional who has demonstrated the wide range of knowledge essential to manage an association in today’s challenging environment. To learn more about the CAE, visit www.whatisCAE.org.
CalSAE's CAE Study Group
Looking to earn your Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential? Join our peer-driven study group to help prepare for an upcoming CAE exam. The study sessions are candidate-driven with volunteer CAE Mentors on each call to provide guidance on challenging questions as well as prep tips. They take place virtually and are recorded in the instance you miss a week - we ask that you participate in at least half of the ten sessions offered.
See the events calendar for upcoming sessions and to register
Respectively begins in September
Respectively begins in February
Earn 10 CAE credits for participating in the study group
“I credit my passing of the CAE Exam to the study group, I'm so grateful to CalSAE for their efforts in devoting time to ensure the sessions are successful and thorough! I learned just as much about how to successfully take the exam as the content itself.”
- Shaun S. Rundle, CAE, Executive Director, California Peace Officers Association
“The CAE study group is invaluable--both for knowledge as well as forming a cohort. The CAE exam is not one that you can just buy a book or two and walk into; the questions are challenging and there is definitely a right interpretation to be sought. I encourage anyone considering earning their CAE to join the study group!”
- Laurel Nava, Director of Education & Partnerships, CA IT in Education (CITE)
All participants must purchase the following:
- CAE Study Guide 2023
- Professional Practices in Association Management, 4th Edition (print or digital)
- Association Law Handbook, 6th Edition (print or digital)
- Membership Essentials: Recruitment, Retention, Roles, Responsibilities, and Resources, 2nd Edition (print or digital)
- The Jossey-Bass Handbook of Nonprofit Leadership and Management, 4th Edition (print or digital)
The following are recommended but not required:
- ASAE ForesightWorks User’s Guide (print or digital)
- How to Read Nonprofit Financial Statements, 3rd edition (print or digital)
If you currently have your CAE certification, you know how crucial this resource is. Consider becoming a study group mentor... your peers and colleagues are counting on you. We're looking for domain mentors as well as lead mentors. Mentors will guide the group each week and will be present to assist on specific topic areas. If you are interested in volunteering as a mentor, please contact Megan Denhardt.
Contact Megan Denhardt, Education Consultant