Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
CalSAE's Statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CalSAE believes that diversity is a strength and aspires to bring our members together to co-create opportunities and solutions that elevate our industry.
We are committed to:
- Being a safe space where there is
- Acting consciously with open minds to
- Fostering opportunities to contribute & volunteer
- Measurably building diversity, equity, and inclusion in CalSAE and the organizations of our members
Top support strategies being implemented:
- Recruiting the association community to engage in best practices
- Curating resources for organizations to use
- Delivering learning and exchange opportunities
- Developing partnerships with other DEI-focused organizations
- DEI liaisons to committees and councils
Join Us in Our Commitment - Take the Pledge
CalSAE is here to help your organization get momentum and implementation behind your DEI initiatives. As a starting point, take the pledge to support/influence DEI practices within your organization. To assist you with implementation, we have developed a list of recommended practices and a set of curated resources.
Share Your Organization’s DEI Journey
Already started down the DEI path? We’d love to hear what practices you're working on and where you
have had success/challenges in implementing DEI efforts within your organization. Please tell us your story!
Take Further Action - Join the DEI Committee
The DEI Committee's mission is to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion within CalSAE and the broader association community. They do this by promoting and engaging the broader association community to advance DEI within their organizations, by building CalSAE’s culture in advancing its own practice of DEI, and by assessing CalSAE's DEI plan annually and making any adjustments in concert with the Board of Directors.