This scholarship is awarded to an eligible association professional and is intended to promote their educational and professional growth, as well as the diversity of CalSAE and the association industry.
The recipient can choose one of these leadership development options:
- Attending the ELEVATE Conference. The award would include complimentary registration, a three-night hotel stay, and reimbursement of reasonable transportation.
- Being enrolled in the Association Leadership Academy. The award would include complimentary registration and underwrite costs to attend any in-person activities, primarily hotel stays and reimbursement of reasonable transportation costs.
- A candidate must identify as a member of a racial or ethnic minority group, lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender, or a person with a disability who is currently employed
as an association professional (as defined by CalSAE bylaws).
- The candidate has worked as an association professional for at least three years.
- In their application, candidates must demonstrate how the scholarship will advance their
learning aspirations and career goals.
- Candidates must demonstrate volunteerism with CalSAE and/or civic/community
engagement. The successful candidate will be asked to serve as a volunteer on a committee
or regional council to support their networking and relationship building.
- CalSAE membership is not a requirement for selection, but membership will be a
consideration in making a final selection. CalSAE will provide complimentary membership
for one year if the successful candidate is a non-member.
- Completed Application Form, which includes the below narratives.
- Describe your volunteer contributions to CalSAE and other non-profit organizations.
- How would attending ELEVATE or being enrolled in the Association Leadership Academy support your career goals and learning aspirations?
- A letter of recommendation from your supervisor (Board Chair in the case of a CEO applicant).
Completed application must be received by CalSAE no later than February 1, 2023, in order to be considered. You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received and will also be notified of the results in February.