Applications Due December 8, 2023
This scholarship is Awarded to an association professional (member or non-member) from an underserved community to promote their professional development through attendance at the ELEVATE Annual Conference.
The recipient will receive sponsored attendance to our ELEVATE Annual Conference (April 29 - May 1, 2024, Burbank, CA) including complimentary registration, a three-night hotel stay, and reimbursement of reasonable transportation costs.
- A candidate must identify as a member of an underserved community: a racial or ethnic minority group, lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender, or a person with a disability.
- Currently employed as an association professional (as defined by CalSAE bylaws)
- Has worked as an association professional for at least three years.
- In their application, candidates must demonstrate how the scholarship will advance their
learning aspirations and career goals.
- Candidates must demonstrate volunteerism with CalSAE and/or civic/community
engagement. The successful candidate will be asked to serve as a volunteer on a committee
or regional council to support their networking and relationship building.
- CalSAE membership is not a requirement for selection, but membership will be a
consideration in making a final selection. CalSAE will provide complimentary membership
for one year if the successful candidate is a non-member.
- Completed Application Form, which includes the below narratives.
- Describe your volunteer contributions to CalSAE and other non-profit organizations.
- How would attending ELEVATE or being enrolled in the Association Leadership Academy support your career goals and learning aspirations?
- A letter of recommendation from your supervisor (Board Chair in the case of a CEO applicant).
Completed application must be received by CalSAE no later than Friday, December 8, 2023, in order to be considered. You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received. Recipients will be notified/announced in February.