Elaine Rose Scholarship for Small Associations
Eligibily Guidelines & Application Process
Elaine Rose began her career as a staff member in a small association and wore many hats. She eventually became the Executive Director of the Associated Plumbing & Mechanical Contractors and the Sheet Metal & Air Conditioning Contractors of Sacramento. She served on the CalSAE Board and was a productive member of the Capital Region Council. For her exemplary service, she was named the 1997/98 Association Executive of the Year. Elaine was passionate about the need to mentor staff in small associations and help them achieve their career goals by connecting with the association community through CalSAE.
The purpose of the Elaine Rose Scholarship for Small Associations is to promote the educational and professional growth of a CalSAE member who works for a small association by supporting his/her attendance at the CalSAE ELEVATE Annual Conference. The Awards Committee is responsible for awarding the scholarship.
- Current CalSAE Association Professional member (preference to those who have been a member for less than three years)
- Employed by a 501(c) organization
- Small staff size - the scholarship is generally designed for small associations (generally five employees or less), but applicants working for an organization of larger size may also be considered.
Applicants must submit an online application that includes the following attachments below:
- A letter of application outlining your volunteer contributions to CalSAE and other organizations, as well as your career goals and how you hope to benefit from attending the CalSAE ELEVATE Annual Conference. Applicants are evaluated on these two broad criteria, so this is a time to promote yourself - the contributions you have made through volunteerism to CalSAE and others, and how attending ELEVATE will support your learning aspirations and career goals.
- A letter of recommendation from your supervisor must also be submitted (Board Chair in the case of a CEO applicant).
Both the letter of application and letter of recommendation must be received by CalSAE no later than January 14, 2023, in order to be considered. You will receive a confirmation email that your application has been received and will also be notified of the results in February.