CAE Fall 2023 Study Group Begins
Peer-driven CAE study group
Looking to earn your Certified Association Executive (CAE) credential? Join CalSAE's peer-driven CAE Study Group to help prepare for an upcoming CAE exam. The study sessions are candidate-driven with volunteer CAE Mentors on each call to provide guidance on challenging questions as well as prep tips.
The group takes place virtually on Wednesdays from 12:00-1:00 pm Pacific time. Sessions are recorded for future reference or in the instance of an absence. It is requested that participants join in at least half of the ten sessions offered.
All participants must purchase the following:
- CAE Study Guide 2023
- Professional Practices in Association Management, 4th Edition (print or digital)
- Association Law Handbook, 6th Edition (print or digital)
- Membership Essentials: Recruitment, Retention, Roles, Responsibilities, and Resources, 2nd Edition (print or digital)
- The Jossey-Bass Handbook of Nonprofit Leadership and Management, 4th Edition (print or digital)
The following are recommended but not required:
- ASAE ForesightWorks User’s Guide (print or digital)
- How to Read Nonprofit Financial Statements, 3rd edition (print or digital)
Includes all group sessions
As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, this program may be applied for 10 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.
Wednesdays | 12:00-1:00 pm PST
Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email with the zoom link and instructions.
September 13 - Welcome & Orientation
September 20 - Governance
September 27 - Executive Leadership
October 4 - Organization Strategy
October 10 - Operations
October 18 - Business Development
October 25 - Members & Stakeholder Engagement
November 1 - Advocacy
November 8 - Marketing & Communications
November 15 - Practice Exam
Exam Dates December 1-14 (application deadline September 22)
“I credit my passing of the CAE Exam to the study group, I'm so grateful to CalSAE for their efforts in devoting time to ensure the sessions are successful and thorough! I learned just as much about how to successfully take the exam as the content itself.”
-Shaun S. Rundle, CAE, Executive Director, California Peace Officers Association
“The CAE study group is invaluable--both for knowledge as well as forming a cohort. The CAE exam is not one that you can just buy a book or two and walk into; the questions are challenging and there is definitely a right interpretation to be sought. I encourage anyone considering earning their CAE to join the study group!”
- Laurel Nava, Director of Education & Partnerships, CA IT in Education (CITE)
Megan Denhardt CAE, Education Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org