AMC Owner's Retreat
Balboa Bay Resort1221 West Coast Highway
Newport Beach, CA 92663-5092
CalSAE members who are owners of Association Management Companies (AMCs) gather together each year for peer-to-peer education and networking. To qualify as an AMC owner/principal you must meet the definition of an AMC by providing full-service management for at least two clients.
The structure and business needs of AMCs are very nuanced and quite unique beyond just association management. As an example, the valuation of profitability is the unique differentiator between AMCs and associations - because of the private sector component. The level of complexity and sophistication within each AMC is the guiding factor for how owners determine how to run and expand their business.
Join your colleagues for a day and a half of conversation as you explore timely, relevant, and AMC-specific topics such as:
Fundamentals of an AMC Business
- What is your AMC’s purpose and business philosophy?
- Self-reflection on your personal “why” for owning an AMC
- Roadmap for the future and succession planning
- Measuring profitability, business valuation, and models
- Legal and tax implications, liability, and risks to consider as defined by how the AMC is incorporated (C-corp, S-corp, or LLC)
Making the Business Case for AMCs
- Market acquisition, growth strategies, and risk assessment
- Factors in making a business case for each client
- Considerations for multiple clients that are complimentary to one another
Non-Members: $574 (includes membership dues)
*must be an existing member or become a member to attend
Monday, August 29, 2022
No refunds when canceled within 3 business days prior to the start date.
|10:00 AM - 12:00 PM||AMC Owner’s Retreat Kick-Off & Conversation|
|12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||Lunch|
|1:00 PM - 4:30 PM||AMC Owner's Retreat Programming|
|5:00 PM - 5:10 PM||Board Shuttle for Offsite Dinner|
|5:30 PM - 8:00 PM||Dinner|
|8:00 AM - 8:30 AM||Breakfast|
|8:30 AM - 11:30 AM||AMC Owner's Retreat Programming|
|11:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Lunch|
|12:30 PM - 2:00 PM||AMC Owner’s Retreat Concludes|
First night's stay at Balboa Bay Resort will be complimentary, additional nights will be at the rate of $435. CalSAE will make all room reservations. Stay includes waived resort fee and valet parking.
As a CAE Approved Provider educational program related to the CAE exam content outline, this program may be applied for 10 credits toward your CAE application or renewal professional development requirements.
Lindsay Poss, Director of Meetings and Events: firstname.lastname@example.org